Local Support for New York and Connecticut Veterans
Veterans Advantage works with organizations around the New York City area to recognize those who serve our country in our nation. Veterans Advantage's Co-founder and Vietnam Veteran, Scott Higgins, Co-chaired the New York City Commission that built and dedicated the New York City Vietnam Veterans Memorial in lower Manhattan from 1981-1985. The Committee also subsequently organized NYC's "Welcome Home" parade for Vietnam Veterans in May 1985 — at that time, it was the first of its kind in any major city in the nation.
Our latest activities include:
• Veterans Week NYC: Veterans Advantage has joined with other major veteran service and government organizations as a Founder of "Veterans Week NYC," expanding the traditional Veterans Day commemoration to a full week of events and activities thanking those who serve. Click here for a recap of our support of Veterans Week NYC 2014.
• New York City Veterans Day: Veterans Advantage supports the United War Veterans Council, (UWVC), a 501(c)19 non-profit organization that is chartered by the City of New York to produce the annual Veterans Day parade, and its leadership. Veterans Advantage sponsors a members float each year in the New York City Veterans Day Parade, the largest of its kind in the nation.
• State of Connecticut: Veterans Advantage partners with the State of Connecticut in supporting veterans of the state. Click here for an announcement from Connecticut's Governor and its Commissioner of Veterans Affairs.
• Universities: Veterans Advantage delivers complimentary VetRewards Card memberships to veterans on campus at Syracuse University, the City University of New York, Columbia University, and others.
• Veterans Events: Veterans Advantage also participates in other citywide events to honor our veterans, and participates in Vietnam Veterans Recognition Day in lower New York City, near the site of the New York City Vietnam Veterans Memorial.